- One in seven couples struggles to conceive. And infertility is only expected to rise as parenthood is increasingly delayed until later in life.
- In the USA, an IVF cycle currently costs approximately $16k, yet only has a 35% success rate. Those couples who are successful, usually go through an average of three cycles at a total cost in excess of $50k to get pregnant.
- There has been relatively little technological innovation in ART (Assisted Reproductive Technology) in 40+ years. Overture is changing that with no less than four innovations in the pipeline.
- Overture is looking to democratise reproductive rights by making assisted reproductive technology, such as IVF, more accessible and affordable for everyone by developing a fully automated ‘embryology lab in a box’.
- The team is outstanding. Martin Varsavsky (CEO) is a serial entrepreneur, motivated in part by his personal experience of IVF, and founded Prelude Fertility, now the largest chain of fertility clinics in the US; another co-founder, Dr. Santiago Munne (Chief Innovation Officer), helped develop the first Preimplantation Genetic Testing (PGT) method, which is used in 40% of all IVF cycles in the USA today.