- The global vaccine market stood at $47bn in 2019; this is expected to grow to around $100bn by 2027.
- The value of the cold-chain logistics market is set to grow to $7.1bn by 2027, to facilitate distribution of vaccines that have to be stored and transported at sub-zero temperatures.
- The coronavirus pandemic highlighted shortcomings in both aspects of the vaccine industry; inadequate cold-chain supply lines lead to vaccine spoilage during distribution. Vaccine development, meanwhile, was revealed to be a fickle process, with interest arising only in crisis and dwindling quickly.
- Imophoron has pioneered a new platform, called the ADDomer™, that facilitates swift development, remains stable at temperatures of up to 55°C, and can be administered intranasally.
- ADDomer™ is a superparticle built from a component of the human adenovirus. It’s a revolutionary and disruptive new platform that stands to accelerate vaccine development and approval.
- The ADDomer™ platform can be used to develop vaccines that can be formulated for intranasal administration, facilitating over-the-counter vaccine delivery.
- The team combines decades of experience in the biotech space with significant commercial and startup expertise.
- While Imophoron is still principally involved in technology development and tech de-risking, we think the combination of experienced team and highly innovative tech makes this one of the most exciting prospects in the space at seed stage.