- Food production currently accounts for around 26% of the world’s greenhouse gas emissions. It’s also the industry that uses the largest amount of fresh water, and is a major driver of diversity loss.
- Businesses are under increased pressure to meet Net Zero targets, not just from end consumers but also from shareholders and customers, however carbon accounting across food production is a huge challenge. Existing solutions can take anywhere between three and six months or even longer to perform their impact audit and can cost millions of pounds for large enterprises.
- The Foodsteps platform centralises insight into companies’ carbon use, generating reports, uncovering impact and offering recommendations for carbon footprint reduction. It represents an indispensable tool for businesses working towards Net Zero.
- Foodsteps’ best-in-class SaaS solution draws on data from over 40,000 farms and 5,000 processes to perform the audit quickly and at scale, giving companies a huge amount of data and actionable insights.
- Founder and CEO, Anya Doherty, is a global expert in her field. Foodsteps’ solution is based on proprietary research, undertaken by Anya during her Master’s at the University of Cambridge.