- Innovations in precision medicine are transforming patient care, enabling accurate targeting of treatments to the right patients at the right time. These benefits require the precision testing of patients, but current solutions are complex, slow, have poor sensitivity, and are limited to large centralised laboratories.
- The in vitro diagnostics (IVD) market is projected to grow to $80-100Bn by 2025. Molecular diagnostics, where Biofidelity fits, accounts for 10% of the IVD market.
- Biofidelity has developed ASPYRE, a novel diagnostic technology capable of detecting genomic abnormalities from tissue or blood far faster and more sensitively than existing diagnostic methods.
- Currently, DNA sequencing offers the best sensitivity, but it is expensive and complex, costing around £3,000 per test and comprising more than 100 steps. Such tests are only conducted at specialist facilities, and typically take weeks to return results.
- Biofidelity’s solution saves time, offering results in as little as 4 hours, and dramatically reduces per-patient cost. The test can be straightforwardly adopted on existing PCR instruments, commonly found in hospital labs around the world.
- The company’s go-to-market strategy is to initially sell its assay as a laboratory developed test, offering a fast track to revenue generation, while developing regulatory-approved kits for widespread decentralized use.
- On the people side, Biofidelity’s team comprises field-leading researchers, complemented by highly accomplished commercial operators which, coupled with the company’s innovations in the space, makes the company an extremely exciting value proposition for stakeholders from across healthcare.