- Every year, one in four people in the UK, and one in five in the US, experience a mental health problem. It’s a global issue, where mental health disorders are listed as one of the top 10 causes of disease burden around the world.
- In the UK, the COVID-19 pandemic severely disrupted mental health services. One-third of young adults reported worsening mental health since March 2020, with ever-more limited access to treatment.
- Beyond the impact on individuals affected, mental health issues carry a heavy financial cost. In the UK, it comes to £117.9Bn – equivalent to 5% of the country’s GDP.
- HelloSelf is a digital, personalised psychological therapy and coaching platform, addressing the challenges surrounding access to mental health care head-on.
- Through early intervention, careful and speedy matching of highly trained clinical psychologists and counsellors with patients, and treatment plans carefully tuned to the needs of individuals, HelloSelf improves patient outcomes – and stands to relieve pressure on national mental health services.